Our goal is to build a highly qualified and diverse student population. We still accept the Common Application, as well as, the traditional AUR online application; however, we have now created the American University of Rome video application to provide another platform for students to show us why they want to attend AUR, and how they will fit into our close-knit international community of learners.
- Short video (2-3 minutes) that responds to the prompt below
- Written response to ONE admissions essay prompt
- Online application or Common Application
- $50 application fee
Be creative! But remember, your video submission is only a part of a holistic admissions approach. Applicants will not be accepted based on their video alone.
The American University of Rome prepares students to live and work across cultures as skilled and knowledgeable citizens of an interconnected and ever-changing world. AUR is home to a highly diverse student body of roughly 500 students representing over forty countries. In reflection of this eclectic student body, students bring to the table a diversity in perspective that contributes and enriches our classrooms and campus.
Tell us about how your personality and experience will contribute to our rich student body. We want to know: Why are you AUR?
- Your video should begin with a short clip of you in front of the camera saying, “Hi, my name is [insert name] from [insert hometown and state].
- After that, what you choose to say and how you choose to say it is up to you. However, all videos must adhere to the basic YouTube guidelines.
- Videos will not be evaluated for production quality; simple is fine (you can even use your phone), but you video must be a minimum of 2 minutes and a maximum of 3 minutes long.
How to Submit your Video:
Once you have created your video application you may submit it by uploading it as an “unlisted” video to YouTube, and then sharing the link with our Admissions team by emailing it to Admissions@aur.edu. Please click on the following link for help with uploading your video to YouTube: Video Upload Guidelines.