Communication and English
- November 13 2014: Dr. Lisa Colletta discusses her latest book!
- October 23 2014: Welcome to Professor Lorenzo Coretti, Assistant Professor of Communication
- October 21 2014: Professor Lisa Colletta Gives Keynote at Fondazione Giorgio Cini
- October 20 2014: Mary Beard’s Hilariously Delivered Special Lecture
- October 2 2014: Don’t miss Mary Beard’s lecture on her celebrated book “Laughter in Ancient Rome”
For more on specific news and events, please visit the Communication and English Program Website.
The Communication and English Program has multiple strengths: an ideal location for the study of global communication, faculty with diverse backgrounds and skills, programs reflective of the dynamic nature of communication in modern society, opportunities to learn through internships and sensitivity to living and working in multicultural and international settings.
Our Curriculum — Many Professional Pathways
Our Program blends practical skills with essential communication and cultural theory, literary history, and principles of narrative and story-telling to give students the opportunity to pursue specialized areas of interest, such as journalism, writing for various media, mass communications, and intercultural communication.
The BA in Communication trains students in the liberal arts tradition to think creatively and critically about the ways in which global citizens communicate and create meaning. We provide students with a thorough knowledge of the theories and practices within the field of communication and equip them with the analytical tools and practical experience to understand and to participate in an international and rapidly changing field.
Students have the flexibility to choose the concentration in Intercultural Communication Studies or in Writing for the Media or they may create their own focus from the range of courses offered by the department.